Canada Pension (CPP) and Canada Old Age Security (OAS)

We will also help you notify the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Canada Old Age Security (OAS) to assist with those benefits.

We will also need pertinent information and documents required to notify Canada Old Age Security (OAS) and Canada Pension Plan (CPP) that the death has occurred.  On Behalf of the Estate, we prepare applications for applicable benefits through Canada Pension Plan (CPP), if the deceased was eligible.  Apart from the above, information and documents that might be needed include:

Documents could include:

  • Birth certificate
  • Social Insurance Card
  • Marriage certificate
  • Void cheque (for direct deposit)

Additional Information could include:

  • Executor/executrix name and address
  • If the deceased worked or lived in another country and a benefit had been applied for, the deceased's insurance number (equivalent to our Social Insurance Number) will be required
  • If the deceased ever received a benefit under the Quebec Pension Plan
  • Name and address of the applicant

Additional information about the spouse for the Canada Pension Spousal Benefit:

  • Full name of the spouse
  • Address of the spouse
  • Spouses Social Insurance Number
  • Date of birth
  • Place of birth
  • Date of marriage
  • Marriage certificate

In the event the are surviving children 25 and under, in attendance at school, we assist with any available benefits under the Canada Pension Plan as well.